Sunday, August 20, 2006

BRIAN ARRIVES

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Chris picked Brian up at the bus stop in Springfield and brought him down here.

Ken, I, Brian, Kathy, Chris, and Kairi all sat in the tiny tiny front room; talk about being crowded. Chris didn't stay long, he had gotten up at 6:30 am to go get Brian and has to be to work tonight, so he needed a nap. I teased him about bailing out because of the 'space' issue. I wasn't sure Brian was believing me when I had told him how crowded we are during the remodeling, but when he looked around he was definitely convinced. He had said before that they wanted to stay a few weeks, but I talked him out of that due to the space issue, so then he said they would stay until Tuesday or Wednesday.

When Kathy called a friend later in the day she was telling him/her that it would be Tues. or Wed. and Brian butted in and said definitely Tuesday. I had to laugh.He and Kathy went for a walk in the afternoon around our two acres of land. By that night Brian was itching horribly. I had completely forgotten to warn him about the chiggers!! Poor guy was miserable. All in all, it wasn't too bad of a visit. Since this was the first time we had met Kathy, there were some awkward moments and I felt like I couldn't really talk to Brian about some things.

No comments: